Floral and delicately fragrant lavender balanced by the distinct sweet-tart flavour of blueberry liqueur make up this elegant coupe cocktail.
- 1 oz Lavender-Infused Gin (instructions below)
- 3⁄4 oz blueberry liqueur, such as from Ironworks Distillery or Distillerie Fils du Roy
- 1⁄4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 oz Simple Syrup (instructions below)
- Large handful of ice cubes
- 2 oz chilled sparkling wine
- 1 fresh lavender sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Make Lavender-Infused Gin: Pour 1 cup gin into sterilized jar. Add ¾ tsp dried lavender buds. Shake, then let stand to infuse for 6 hours. Fine strain through a coffee filter-lined funnel into a sterilized jar. Makes 8oz (1 cup)
- Make Simple Syrup: Stir 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Set over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Makes 12 oz (1½ cups)
- Pour gin, liqueur, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Double strain through a Hawthorne strainer and a fine-mesh strainer into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine. If using lavender garnish, float overtop.