This is not your old-school, pedestrian baked potato; I have taken it up a notch by using sweet potatoes and garnishing them with creamy herbed feta and chorizo. Bring it on! For a vegetarian option, omit the chorizo.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 stick (about 4 oz) cured spicy chorizo, thinly sliced and julienned
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chili flakes (garnish)
- Julienned lemon zest (garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for about 40 minutes, or until they are soft when you squeeze them.
- While the potatoes are baking, dry-fry the chorizo in a fry pan over medium heat until it is crispy on both sides, about 10 minutes total. Blot on paper towel to remove any excess oil, then set aside.
- Place the feta, parsley, cilantro, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor and cream the ingredients together.
- To serve, cut the potatoes in half and give them a squeeze to break the flesh a bit. Place on a serving plate, and evenly divide the feta mixture over the halves. Sprinkle the chorizo over top. Give the potatoes a good grinding of pepper and top each with a pinch of chili flakes to taste and a sprinkle of julienned lemon zest.