These classically flavored fajitas have all of the attributes of the original—but this chicken-and-shrimp combo is conveniently cooked on a single sheet pan in the oven. You can walk away while everything roasts—and there’s no grease splatter to clean up on the stovetop when you’re done.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Lime wedges
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne. Add the chicken, bell peppers, and onion and toss to coat. Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer on a large rimmed baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir the shrimp into the chicken and vegetables. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, the shrimp is opaque, and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and, if desired, cilantro.