Preparation 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white wine
- ¾ cup (180 mL) milk
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 4 toasted whole wheat English muffins
- 8 poached eggs
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and the wine, and cook about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the milk and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in a bit of the hot sauce.
- Transfer the egg yolks to the sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, while whisking, until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Melt the remaining butter and whisk it, along with the yogurt and lemon juice, into the sauce.
- Top each toasted English muffin with a poached egg and a quarter of the hollandaise sauce.
- Hubert' s Tip: I like to serve eggs Benedict over toasted whole wheat English muffins. I also usually add a protein, such as sausage meat, Black Forest ham, shredded confit duck meat, or smoked salmon.