(antioxidant, high fiber, vitamin-rich)
Believe it or not, this vibrantly pink bowl is all natural. Thanks to the bright, almost fluorescent, color of pitaya, or dragon fruit, this bowl is almost too pretty to eat. Pitaya, which has a mild sweetness, is a great source of antioxidants, magnesium, fiber, and B vitamins, making this an ideal postworkout snack.
- 2 packages frozen dragon fruit puree (we use Pitaya Plus) or 1 dragon fruit peeled and chopped
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp hemp seed
- ¼ tsp raw vanilla powder
- Fill to 500 mL with coconut milk
- Toppings: bee pollen, goji berries, hemp seed, and manuka honey
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Add toppings and serve.
Excerpted from The Juice Truck by Zach Berman and Ryan Slater with Colin Medhurst. Copyright © 2017. Excerpted by permission of Appetite by Random House Canada, a division of Penguin Random House Canada LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.