Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) garam masala
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 5 ounces/150 g each), cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- ¾ cup (180 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain, high-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cream (15% milk fat)
- Cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the onion until it is translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, cinnamon, and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and the diced tomato, and stir to combine.
- Mix in the chicken and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chickpeas, yogurt, and cream, and mix to combine. Simmer for another minute, or until the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Serve with naan bread and wild rice. Garnish with cilantro if desired.