We are pleased to share the news that Penguin Random House Canada is home to FIVE of the twelve authors on the longlist for the 2017 Scotiabank Giller Prize.
Our nominees are:
- David Chariandy for his novel Brother, published by McClelland & Stewart and edited by Martha Kanya-Forstner
- Zoey Leigh Peterson for her novel Next Year, For Sure, published by Doubleday Canada and edited by Kiara Kent
- Michael Redhill for his novel Bellevue Square, published by Doubleday Canada and edited by Martha Kanya-Forstner
- Eden Robinson for her novel Son of a Trickster, published by Alfred A. Knopf Canada and edited by Anne Collins
- Deborah Willis for her story collection The Dark and Other Love Stories, published by Hamish Hamilton Canada and edited by Nicole Winstanley
This year’s Scotiabank Giller Prize jury is comprised of Chair Anita Rau Badami, Andre Alexis, Lynn Coady, Richard Beard and Nathan Englander.
The shortlist will be announced on October 2nd and the winner will be named on November 20th. Full details can be found here: www.scotiabankgillerprize.ca.
Congratulations to our longlisted authors and publishers and everyone involved!