I am pleased to share that Penguin Random House Canada is home to FIVE of the 10 books on the longlist for this year’s prestigious Cundill History Prize.
The international Cundill History Prize, administered by McGill University and celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, awards $75,000 US to the winner and $10,000 US to each of 2 finalists for the prize. This year’s jury is chaired by Margaret MacMillan, joined by Amanda Foreman, Rana Mitter, Roy Foster and Jeffrey Simpson.
The shortlist of 3 authors will be announced on October 26th and the winner will be named at a gala event in Montreal on November 16th.
Our longlisted titles are:
- BLOOD IN THE WATER by Heather Ann Thompson, published by Pantheon
- MEETINGS WITH REMARKABLE MANUSCRIPTS by Christopher de Hamel, published by Penguin Press
- THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD by Daniel Beer, published by Knopf US
- THE ISLAMIC ENLIGHTENMENT by Christopher de Bellaigue, published by Norton
- MARTIN LUTHER by Lyndal Roper, published by Random House UK
Further details available on the Cundill Prize website here: https://www.cundillprize.com/#
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!