Penguin Random House Canada is seeking a full-time Senior Publicist to join our team.
The position involves developing creative and strategic publicity campaigns for a variety of lifestyle, cooking, fiction and non-fiction authors, securing coverage wherever audiences have an opportunity to discover our books.
In this role, you will:
• Secure media coverage and interviews for a variety of authors across all media platforms
• Arrange author events
• Coordinate all aspects of author tours
• Work collaboratively with the publicity team as well as with publishing, sales and marketing colleagues
• Seek out new opportunities for coverage across evolving platforms such as social media channels and podcasts using various social listening and research tools
• Maintain excellent relationships with media contacts and event partners
• Communicate efficiently, professionally and thoroughly with authors, publishers, media and event contacts, and all internal stakeholders
• Consistently share information and report on coverage and campaigns using reporting tools
• Work in close partnership with our sales teams to identify bookseller partnerships and opportunities
• You are a motivated self-starter who has demonstrated experience in food and lifestyle P.R.
• You love books and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations
• You have proven success working with top-tier Canadian media
• You have experience planning and executing public events
• You have a strong network of media contacts and influencers in the Canadian lifestyle and food industry
• You are very well organized and manage your time well
• You are a digitally savvy communicator, with a curiosity for how technology is changing and enabling communications and discoverability
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You are adept at using information management systems to store and communicate information
• You have a professional and positive demeanour
• You enjoy working collaboratively
• You are creative and resourceful and enjoy seeking out new opportunities
• You thrive on consuming and engaging with media in all its forms
• You are experienced with social listening, media research, and reporting tools
The position is located at our Toronto office. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 19, 2018. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Penguin Random House Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 416-364-4449, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, or want more information on our accommodation policies.