This brightly hued statuesque cocktail is inspired by the famous wheat-sheaf bearing Golden Boy sculpture that overlooks Winnipeg from the Manitoba Legislative Building. The complex flavours of this drink are almost as intriguing as this building’s architectural mysteries, secrets and symbols that are hidden in plain view— you can even take a tour on the topic.
- 2 oz aged aquavit, such as Aalborg Jubilaeums Akvavit
- 3⁄4 oz Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice 1⁄4 oz Strega liqueur
- 1⁄4 oz Simple Syrup (page 182)
- 1⁄8 tsp Three Farmers Camelina Oil or good-quality olive oil
- Tiny pinch coarse kosher salt or fleur de sel
- Large handful of ice cubes
Pour all ingredients except ice into a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake until chilled. Double strain through a Hawthorne strainer and a fine-mesh strainer into a chilled coupe glass.
Makes 1 drink