- Facilitate publicity department book mailings including press release printing, coordination with the warehouse, building media lists, and executing book mailings
- Manage book and interview requests from the media
- Assist publicists in all aspects of author tours and book promotion, including escorting authors to interviews and events
- Assist publicity department with planning and execution of events in-house and off-site, often outside of regular business hours
- Assist publicists in development of press materials
- Monitor and track media coverage for the publicity team including ordering clips, scanning coverage and daily monitoring tasks
- 1 – 2 years of administrative or assistant experience, preferably in a public relations, marketing or publishing environment
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Publishing or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite—specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Able and willing to work longer hours when necessary
- Strong written and oral communication skills to liaise effectively with team members, clients and authors
- Proactive approach in dealing with various situations
- Excellent judgment and strong problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Professional attitude with a willingness to learn
The position is located in our Front Street office and reports to Erin Kelly, Associate Publicity Director.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resume by January 18, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all interest but will only be able to contact those candidates we wish to interview.