Penguin Random House Canada is looking for an energetic and motivated sales professional to join the sales team.
What You’ll Do:
· Sell, market, and promote Penguin Random House books to independent bookstores in Toronto and Winnipeg.
· Grow the business and maximize sales by exploring other selling opportunities in partnership with Toronto and Winnipeg independent booksellers and non-traditional accounts.
· Coordinate author and community events by working closely with the publicity team and ensuring event orders arrive on time.
· Work with the editorial and marketing departments to position books through retail promotions, author appearances, and co-op opportunities.
· Deliver sales presentations to small and large groups including store staff, consumer and library outreach.
· Actively contribute at sales conferences and in meetings to help shape the sales strategy of a title; and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of pertinent trends and factors in the marketplace.
· Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist with inventory control.
· Keep abreast of marketplace trends and adjust sales strategy accordingly.
· Market and promote Penguin Random House titles on a monthly basis at Indigo retail stores.
· Advocate in-house for the interests of independent bookstores on the basis of competitor offerings, title specific opportunities, and best-in-class tools and processes.
· Work flexibly and actively engage with key accounts to experiment with innovative ideas in the marketplace and new ways to use co-op dollars.
· Understanding of Toronto or Winnipeg retail environment ideally in a sales capacity; and/or high familiarity with the Canadian publishing and books retail landscape.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels within a company.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team (particularly within the Toronto and Winnipeg sales team).
· Ability to successfully manage multiple projects while working within a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to identify the root cause of an issue, and proactively work with stakeholders to develop solutions.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, online collaboration tools (e.g. Google Docs, Slack, Asana, Trello).
· A diligent, avid, and passionate reader.
· Ability to travel to accounts with all required materials; general willingness to travel when necessary in the interests of the role.
The position is located in Toronto and reports to Mary Giuliano, Director Independent Retail Sales.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 28th. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Penguin Random House Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-364-4449, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, or want more information on our accommodation policies.