Penguin Random House Canada is seeking someone exceptional to support the management of its paperback publishing in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The person in this role will be responsible for working across all adult imprints (Doubleday Canada, Knopf Random House Canada, McClelland & Stewart and Penguin Canada) and in collaboration with originating editors/publishers, production and design department, sales and operations to produce second format editions for all paperback publications.
· Manages all aspects of second format conversion for all paperback publications, including drafting creative and market-appropriate cover copy
· SAP maintenance for paperbacks, including monthly updating of year-look title grids and regular monitoring of co-pub on-sale changes
· Compiles and sends weekly change memo to publishing/sales/production/marketing with updates on all titles post-launch of span
· Oversees backlist e-book conversions and special projects
· Completes medium and short run reprint conversion with production
· Attends monthly paperbacks meetings, bi-weekly cover design meetings, bi-weekly production meeting, bi-weekly reprint meetings
· Supports requests from sales and marketing for materials, covers, special projects
· You have a deep love and respect for literature that drives you to embed quality in the books you touch
· You have three to five years of experience in/familiarity with the publishing industry including copyediting and proofreading skills
· You have technical proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office suite and business efficiency tools to support product tracking, reporting and analytics
· You are an excellent project manager who ensures that no detail or deadline is missed
· You are professional, unflappable and have the acuity to manage issues when you can or seek advice when needed
· You thrive in a fast-paced environment where your organizational and problem-solving skills are key to being effective
· You welcome being part of a small but vibrant and creative team within the larger Penguin Random House Canada family where your relationship-building and communication skills will help you succeed
This position is located in our Toronto office and reports to the Paperback Publishing Manager.
Interested candidates should submit an application to email@example.com by June 19th, 2017, with your name and the job title in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Penguin Random House Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-364-4449, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, or want more information on our accommodation policies.