The second print edition of the popular, award-winning, online publication -- a handsomely art-directed digest magazine that mixes art, photography and literature with pop culture, comix and reporting on the news of the day. Hazlitt #2 is a grim but playful take on the idea of a summer reading issue.
Featuring Heather O'Neill, Tao Lin, Lorrie Moore, Daniel Galera, Owen Pallett, Richard Maxwell, Mary Jo Bang and many more.
· Heather O’Neill sets her house on fire
· Tao Lin on your body as vessel or spaceship
· The Black Notes of Owen Pallett
· Franz Kafka's Josef K. is channeled through Justin Bieber
· Nick Hune-Brown on the horrors of teenage embarrassment
· Ebola: Nature’s most perfect killing machine
· Linda Besner on arts funding in the U.S. and Canada
· Eating the Heart of Richard Maxwell—talking with the innovative playwright and theatre director
· How to be a Woman, or, Lorrie Moore as the mother you never had
· The Life They Planned For You: aerial photography by Christoph Gielen
· Poetry by Mary Jo Bang and David Hernandez
· New Brazilian fiction by Daniel Galera and Fernanda Torres
Also featuring art from Julia Dault, Stephen Appleby-Barr, Kristin Cammermeyer, Lorne Bridgman, and Marman and Borins.
General Editor: Chris Frey
Art Director: Jeremy Laing